Thousands, even millions of your company's dollars depend on the rig and the drilling contractor that you have selected. At the rig rates that you are paying, you expect the rig to be in top mechanical and electrical condition, meet all specifications and be equipped as detailed in the contract. You would expect the rig to be able to work safely, be in compliance with all governmental regulations and have excellent pollution control systems in place. Sadly this is not always the case.
Here is what Veritas can do for you:
Inspect the rig and the rig equipment mechanically and electrically, utilizing a comprehensive checklist to determine the condition of the equipment so that a corrective action plan can be implemented prior to startup.
Analyze the contractor's maintenance policies and procedures to assess the effectiveness of the maintenance program. Ensure that the maintenance program is being implemented at the rig level.
Perform a job rating of the rig and rig equipment based on your drilling program to determine if the rig can meet the program requirements.
Perform a rig rating to determine the actual capability of the rig based on the equipment installed and the condition of the equipment.
Submit a detailed report and verbally review the findings with you and the contractor management.
Perform rig equipment acceptance testing and commissioning.
Trouble shoot existing operations.
Assist you and the contractor in developing and implementing a plan to correct any deficiencies.
Return to Veritas
List of Services Performed and Furnished by Veritas Associates, Inc
1. Drilling Rig Inspection Services
2. Drilling Rig Audit Services and Safety Systems Audits and Inspection
3. Jack-up, Land Rig, Semisubmersible, Platform, Drill Ship and General MODU Inspections and Audits
4. Legal Consulting and Expert Witness Services, Personal Injury, Contract Disputes, Arbitration Cases, Oilfield Oil and Gas Related
5. Project Engineering and Project Management for rig newbild, construction, repair and refit projects
6. Rig Acceptance Testing and Rig Commissioning
7. Accident and Incident Investigations,
8. Drilling Contractor Management Systems Audits
9. Tug Boat, Supply Vessel, Anchor Handling and Towing Vessel Inspections, Audits and On Hire Surveys
10. Environmental and Pollution Control Surveys and Audits
11. Rig Efficiency and Drilling Efficiency Studies and Programs