A large amount of your company's money depends on the marine vessels that you contract to support your operations. At the rates that you are paying, you expect the vessels to be in top mechanical and electrical condition, meet all specifications and be equipped as detailed in the contract. You would expect the vessels to be able to work safely, be in compliance with all governmental regulations and cause you to have little or no downtime associated with marine vessel operation. Sadly this is not always the case.
Inspect the main engines, power train, propulsion gear, steering gear and thrusters, utilizing a comprehensive checklist to determine the condition of the equipment so that a corrective action plan can be implemented prior to startup.
Inspect the auxiliary equipment, i.e., the stern roller, towing eye, bow thruster, anchor winch, anchor handling equipment, chain lockers, pumps fire fighting equipment quarters, galley deck hoists bulk handling equipment, etc.
Verify the vessel specifications, i.e., dimensions, capacities (fuel, bulk material, drill water, fresh water, etc.)
Audit the vessel's certification, i.e., classification, regulatory inspections, registry etc.
Audit the vessel manning and licensing requirements. Verify the actual manning and licensing.
Inspect the navigation equipment, communications equipment and positioning gear.
Analyze the vessel operator's maintenance, safety and pollution control policies and procedures to assess the effectiveness of these procedures and ensure that these programs are being implemented on the vessel.
Assist you and the vessel owner in developing and implementing a plan to correct any problems.
List of Services Performed and Furnished by Veritas Associates, Inc
1. Drilling Rig Inspection Services
2. Drilling Rig Audit Services and Safety Systems Audits and Inspection
3. Jack-up, Land Rig, Semisubmersible, Platform, Drill Ship and General MODU Inspections and Audits
4. Legal Consulting and Expert Witness Services, Personal Injury, Contract Disputes, Arbitration Cases, Oilfield Oil and Gas Related
5. Project Engineering and Project Management for rig newbild, construction, repair and refit projects
6. Rig Acceptance Testing and Rig Commissioning
7. Accident and Incident Investigations,
8. Drilling Contractor Management Systems Audits
9. Tug Boat, Supply Vessel, Anchor Handling and Towing Vessel Inspections, Audits and On Hire Surveys
10. Environmental and Pollution Control Surveys and Audits
11. Rig Efficiency and Drilling Efficiency Studies and Programs